Wednesday, May 2

Nasty Workout . . . Even Nastier Results


Todays Evil Workout:

Overhead Lunges 15
Burpees 10

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

First up, the Dynamic Duo, Frank and Liz. Both still a bit sore from last workout but still powered through this one. A massive 9 rounds each. Go Liz - catching up to Frank!

Then in came Jen. She was feeling a little aggressive today so we skipped the WOD and went straight into 5 rounds of 3 minutes of hard, fst and furios boxing. She pounded the mits so hard I think i bruised my hand!!! She was on fire. Technique has improved tremendously and for the first time ever I got a little frightened of her power. That session was slammin Jen. Go, go, go!

Then Seb, and a new recruit Lucille, in place of Mary, finished the night off. Together, this brother and sister team absolutely smashed any previous record for this workout.
Seb on 14 rounds and Lucille on 11 rounds. Seb keeps getting better and better. I have seen arms that big for a while. Lucille - I hope we didn't scare you off with intensity and you come back for another serving of GarageGYM.

Tommy was in today, organising his new position as a coach at GarageGYM. Tommy is a professional athlete in many sports. In his junior days he was squash champion. from there he took to sprinting and has titles in 400m, 200m and 100m events. I look foward to Tommy serving you up some of his awesome experience and extensive knowledge of the elite athlete world. Conversely, for all GarageGYM members, show tommy that just because we ain't classified as elite athlete, we can still train just as hard(if not harder!!)

Finally, to Jen, sorry I couldn't get it out to you earlier, here's todays quote:

"She's soft, and she's fat, and she's wearing my clothes, and she's getting too old, and she was born on my birthday, and I'm afraid if I stop training she'll catch up with me!"

No comments: